In preparation for winter you took necessary steps to prepare your boat for storage during the winter months. So, to “de-winterize” your boat, there are a few things that will need to be addressed to make it sea worthy.
Having said that, lets talk about the basic things that need to be done to prepare for a great year of frolic and fun on the water.
- A thorough engine check and tune up, including changing out the oil and all the filters.
- You should have drained the cooling system before storing your boat to keep the coolant line from freezing. Now the system can be refilled after ensuring all hoses are free of cracks and holes and the strainer is emptied.
- A battery inspection and top off, or replacement if needed.
- Distributor maintenance (clean and inspect).
- Fuel line inspection and fuel filter replacement.
- Belt inspection and replacement.
Dewinterize your boat for the coming season!
Click HERE to find your nearest dealer for service.